Nov 29, 2008

Obama interview

I know that this is really a family blog, but with recent events, the economy in the crapper, and the new president being sworn in a few months, I can not help but give my opinion. I am not sure how many people got the chance to see Barbara Walter's interview the other day, but I did get a chance to see some of it. Most of the interview was pointless, and during most of it I would alter between yelling "What the...?" and "Are you serious?" I mean, really who cares what kind of dog will be in the White house when we have yet to figure out the policies that will guide this country. As my husband so adequately stated, "It was cutesy during the campaign, but now I want to know what he is going to do." Obama may be a type of celebrity. I can understand why this would be, as he is the first African-American president. That is a great thing for this country, but what would be even better, is if we had a competent president (especially after a not so competent one). I think that he can be competent if he would stop playing these games. On ABC.com they have a story about his interview, and they say he, "touched on a broad range of topics from the economy and troop deployments in Afghanistan, to Thanksgiving plans with his family." In reality, I think he touched on the subject of the economy and the war but, more than half of the interview consisted of them talking about their family and mindless other topics. The fact of the matter is, I don't care that much about which of the rooms his girls are going to sleep in when there are thousands of people losing their jobs RIGHT now. President-elect, I DON'T CARE about how your Thanksgiving turkey will be cooked or how your girls are not going to be spoiled, I want to know what you are doing about the war, or about Wall st, or unemployment, or the loan crisis. Please stop avoiding questions because you don't want to lose popularity. I am tired of it, and I am sure I am not the only one.
ps I really do like Obama and I think he will make an good president, I am just frustrated by the fact that he seems to be under the impression that he is still campaigning. He is after all NOT a celebrity. He is going to be our president and he should realize that.

No comments: