Nov 14, 2008

Because it's cold


There are lots of things that I like about Boston. There is one thing that I don't. If I ever leave this city, I will not miss the cold. No matter how much I love the fall, its one downfall is that it is a preview of winter. One benefit of living in a city that is used to the cold is that people make adjustments. I have a playgroup that I take the girls to. While it normally meets at parks and such, this week we met at a fire station. It was rainy and yucky, so it was a great way to escape from the house without getting too cold. Alicia was very shy at first, and she did not want to come near the firemen, but by the end she was touching things and talking almost as much as the other children. The thing she enjoyed most was driving the firetruck, (though no driving was actually involved). I only know it was her favorite because she talked nonstop about it later. Kat slept the whole time. if you zoom in you can see her snoring.

Here she is in the driver's seat. Watch out fires her she comes!


This is her in front of Engine 1. This was her expression for the first half hour of the tour. "Where is momma, where is she? I cannot be more than one inch away because a person is looking at me." *sigh* I hope she outgrows this stage, but if she is anything like her daddy, she will not.


One thing, not the only thing but a big one, that I like about the beginning of winter is that it's the season for clementines. Sweet and delicious.


I had meant to showcase this in a blog about a month ago when I received it, but as the procrastinator that I am... Well here it is. When Alicia was born I asked my sister Adele, a talented artist, to paint something for the nursery (ie our bedroom wall at the time). I told her she had artistic freedom, but that I wanted the colors to be bright and cheerful. August 27th "The Tulip" came in the mail. I was shocked, because, first of all, I had forgotten about it, and second my sister is in a PhD program now so I thought she would never have time to paint anything. I loved it right away because it is sweet, like both my girls. I hung it on the wall in the girls room. Another of my sisters, Jen helped me to pick the perfect spot. Normally there are no girls in the pile of stuffed animals.

6 comments:

tia gaby said...

are you kidding me? that is by far the cutest pic ever with the gals in the stuffed dolls -= you should submit that to a parenting magazine. too cute. by the way, i have been dying to see more pics, so thanks for posting these! i check every morning to see what the girls have been up to. what a cool experience to go to a firestation; good thing tia gaby wasn't there to flirt with the cutie firefighters!

Jen said...

great pics. yes, that is aly's classic "no look" picture,i love it.

Misa said...

Ali and Kat are so precious...I love the faces Ali makes...too cute

Adele said...

That thoughts of Ali were very funny "I can´t be more than an inch away from mom cause someone is looking at me!"
I think I would rather a shy daughter than two extremely destructive boys. Thanks for posting the picture of the painting. At first I didn´t even see Kat in the picture, but Cesar pointed her out.

Brynn said...

I miss a lot about Boston (a heck of a lot), but I do not miss the winters. Yuck. It was 75 here today, and I loved it. Clementines are one of our favorite things about winter too.

Jason & Makenna said...

Your last picture is absolutely adorable! Kat's face is totally precious and you can barely see Ali's little feet sticking out. Love it!