Nov 9, 2008

What happened this week again?


I think that there are some weeks that kind of go by with a blur and after the week is over, I feel like I made no mark on the world. This week was one of those weeks. Quite a lot actually went on this week, but I feel like this week was just another week that will long be forgotten. Those are times when I am grateful for a camera. I looked back at the pictures this week and realized that there were some times that now can never be forgotten. This is the longest bike trip that she ever took. She rode all the way to the library to help me vote. She was still upset that she couldn't vote, but the sticker that she got at the end made it better. Stickers often do that. Of course I had her wear her helmet so that she could be safe, but really she only wore it because she loves it. Look at that concentration!


Kat first laughed out loud this week. I did not get a picture of her actual first laugh, but since I figured out how to make her laugh, we did get this cute picture of her. At the beginning of the week she was cooing loudly so I figured I should play with her. I put her hands above her head and "ate" her tummy. She thought it was pretty funny so she smiled. Since she smiled at it I did it again. That time she actually had a little giggle burst out unexpectedly. Since then, now all I have to do is put her arms above her head and she immediately giggles. It is a really cute giggle too. Maybe I she make a video of it...maybe next week.


There is no story behind this picture, it is just to show how much she is growing which kind of makes me sad and happy at the same time. To conclude, I am glad that we have a camera handy because then maybe my weeks will all be full of something that make it memorable.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Your posts are so funny. I like the real reason you gave for why Alicia wore her helmet. Also, you are making your mark on the world (although it would be bigger if you emailed me once in a while). That is great that Kat finally laughed. You will probably notice her get more and more human features every day.

Brynn said...

Yea for happy and laughing babies! I love Ali's independence, though I'm guessing it's not the easiest characteristic to live with as a mom.

Jen said...

that helmet is too ridiculous.... You let her wear it just so you can be entertained.

tia gaby said...

what a great way to start my week! i love seeing your girls- that pic of ali is too hilarious- with that helmet, i think i am going to call ali evel knievel (you know that crazy dare devil?). thanks for this blog steph- i really appreciate looking at your girls grow