Oct 29, 2008

Rochester

This last week we stayed with my sister in Rochester. My niece was getting baptized, and since it is a short 6 hour drive, I thought, "why not?" The drive was not at all fun, but it was great to hang out with my sister. It is nice to finally have my family close by, or close enough to drive to their house. Since my sister and her children had visited me earlier, Alicia remembered her children, and becasue of that, Ali ended up loving her kids in no time. Kat did not really care one way or another about them, but I think that they liked her. They have this really cute house in a nice neighborhood, and so we had a good time. Ali mostly just liked the huge amount of space to just play. I think that their backyard is as big as our closest park.

They have this great pile of rocks that Alicia thought were the best. (My sister is doing home repairs that require small rocks). She like to climb on them, throw them, and dig in them. If only I knew where I could fit a big pile of rocks in my apartment.

Kat was great the whole trip, even on the drives there and back she slept almost the whole time. I only stopped once for gas and I fed her then, but she hardly cried at all. I hope she is as good on a plane.


Since they have so much space they got a trampoline. Ali was in heaven. Superheroes on a trampoline, how could it get better?

3 comments:

Adele said...

Those are cute photos. You and Jen have it made. You are only a short six-hour drive from each other and your kids have a great time together. I am seriously jealous.

tia gaby said...

ha! my non-mormon friends think that all mormons have trampolines - wierd stereotype, eh? can't wait to see halloween pics!

Jen said...

That is funny that Gaby would say that, but it's true, once you have a kids all Mormons have to swear an oath to get a trampoline...true story.