Oct 9, 2008

First of many


For those who don't know me too well, I don't enjoy the company of stuffed animals. I never really have. I always thought that they were really a pointless toy. They don't do anything, and they most often lose all cuteness after a few months of play. If you don't agree, just look at the post with Alicia's stuffed bunny. Well, when I was pregnant with Ali, some people gave us stuffed animals, and like the naive mother I gave away the toys because, since I don't like stuffed animals my daughter would not like them either. Long story short, stuffed animals of all varieties are her favorite toys. She hugs each one as if they were long lost friends. While I am still a naive mother sometimes, I learned my lesson, so here is Katherine's first stuffed animal. We got it in Vermont, and if drool marks are any indication, it is a hit!

Of course, we got Ali one too. She got the black bear, while Kat got the moose. One day I will take a picture of her with all the stuffed animals, but we need a wider lens first.
PS At Kat's 2 month appointment she weighed 11 lbs 13 oz and she is 23 inches tall.

5 comments:

tia gaby said...

omg! kat has the most beautiful eyes (eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.)!!! & i love ali's new haircut! so cute- can't wait to see them at thanksgiving!!!

love- tia gaby

Adele said...

Great pictures. Of course, if you don´t like something it is hard to assume that your child will like it. Maybe I´ll have kids that just love spiders!

Brynn said...

Stuffed animals are favorites around here - currently six or seven are absolutely mandatory if Nathan is to actually go to sleep. It's funny the things they latch on to...

Jason & Makenna said...

You are sooo much better at blogging than we have been the past two months! So good to hear from you. I still can't believe how big Ali has gotten! Once our computer is finally ressurected I will get a little more active.

Jen said...

Kat is getting so big, i can't wait to see her again.