Aug 20, 2013

Find Joy

 I miss California. I will start by saying that when I moved here I was very negative. I missed my friends and I missed Gaby and her boys, and I didn't want to like living here. I am not sure when my attitude changed, but I decided that I am going to make the best of living here. To start enjoying this new life of mine, I have to start by loving my house. It is after all a house!
 And now we have a nursery! I never had a nursery before and I am so excited. I bought a sheepskin rug because Jack loved it so much in the store. Now every time he gets out of bed he lays on the rug and snuggles it. This picture is from the first day we got it. The kids were so very stoked to be able to see Nick because he rarely gets home before they are asleep.
We also have an amazing yard! One of the trees in our yard has been designated "the butterfly tree" because it is always covered in butterflies. My girls found this one with its wing ripped off and were determined to heal it. We also have frogs in our yard which the girls have caught and released into the stream that runs through our backyard. Honestly how could I have been so negative?!?
 To top it all off, we have a great beach near here; it's only a 20 min drive to this cute beach. It is no Manhattan Beach that is for sure, but it is decent. Also, since it is along the Long Island Sound, there are the tiniest waves so the kids could actually swim in the water (plus the water is warmer here!)
 
 The girls loved digging in the sand and building a swimming pool. Not sure they can do laps in it, but they had tons of fun anyway.
 One huge difference about the beach here is that it is very rocky. The sand here is littered with millions of rocks. While it is painful on feet, Jack was in heaven. It is his ideal world, a world full of rocks that he is free to throw into the water at will.
I still miss California. It still hurts that I can't see Gaby (especially her boys) or any of my friends but I think that Connecticut might be a great experience, and if I have the right attitude it will be.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Sorry it's been a hard transition. Your new place looks great. Wishing you many happy days there.

Adele said...

63What a nice, positive attitude!

Anonymous said...

Wish you the best there.

Unknown said...

You are missed and loved but we want nothing more than for you to be happy wherever you are!