Jun 10, 2012

Warning: Not for weak stomachs

We went camping a month ago and I posted about the throwing up on a bug incident. I guess she was more traumatized by that than I had previously realized because last week it came up again. We had just gone out for breakfast with a friend (where Kat ate a huge amount of pancakes and waffles) and I was driving to pick up Ali from school. In my middle seat were the 2 babies and Kat. Kat was next to Jack. She was laughing and talking to him when she told me in giggling words, "Mommy I think Jack is pooping!" He must have been red and grunting. Two seconds later I hear, "He IS pooping!" followed by gagging sounds from Kat. "Mommy he got poop on his leg!" followed by more gagging. "Mommy he is touching it!" followed by the sounds of not only gagging, but vomiting too. "Mommy he is playing with his poop!" more gagging and vomiting. (Side note: Playing for a six month old means that he is touching it then putting his hand in his mouth) By this time I have pulled over (illegally of course, but I wish a cop had dared to come up to me by this point). I opened the car door, got a handful of wipes and started to clean up some poop, but in order to do so I had to reach over Kat. When she saw me cleaning the poop she immediately threw up the rest of the mornings breakfast all over herself (and me as I had been leaning over her at the time). I abandoned the poop clean up and took all of Kat's clothes off and I told her not to look while I cleaned up Jack. While cleaning up Jack she still threw up a few more times, but by this time she was naked, so the vomit merely ran onto her car seat and the car floor (which luckily I hadn't cleaned in a long while, so it was covered with papers). By the time I cleaned what I could and gotten them both buckled up I was late picking up Ali. It took me 4 trips to get all the kids and the disgusting car seats inside. Moral of the story... a new car seat only costs about 40$ at Target.



 Jack is 7 months old!!! He is also doing much better at sitting up and crawling. He army crawls everywhere; sometime I will post a video.
Such a cutie, I had to post another.







So many people ask me which of my two girls Jack looks like. I often respond that I think he looks like Ali, but some people think he looks just like Kat. These are all pictures of them in their respective bouncer chairs.
This is Ali. (She is only 6 months in this picture, not 7 months)
This is Kat (She is also 6 months in this picture)











This is Jack. (7 months)

Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Misa said...

He definitely looks more like Ali

Ramona's Recipes said...

I like the family pose, which makes the comparison super easy.I thought he was a clone of Ali, until I saw the 6 month photo of Kat, which places him between the girls as an equal progression.

tia gaby said...

crazy that ali and jack also have their mouths positioned the same way. looks like a masculine version of ali to me. i know it sounds odd since alicia is all beautiful girl . . .