Jun 25, 2012

A long road it HAS been

 Ali's last day of school. Kind of a bittersweet moment. My little girls is going into first grade next year!!!
My brother, Jason got married this weekend in Utah. I planned to drive there Friday, and come back Sunday. The drive both there and back was horrible, but at least on the way there I had my sister-in-law Nadean and my brother with me.
  
As we were leaving LA there was a flashing road sign that warned of "Major traffic" due to a chemical spill at the Nevada border. About halfway to the border another sign warned of "Extreme traffic." Not surprising that shortly after that we were stopped. My brother got out and took this picture.
 Traffic still didn't move, so he began to climb the hills where he took this picture. If you can zoom into this picture you would see other people climbing the hills and walking around on the road. I am also waving from our Pilot. After about 13 hours on the road Kat told me, "Mommy we should have just flown there!" I heartily agreed.

 Despite being on the road for what seemed like two years, we made it. And I guess it was worth it for this. Family is awesome!
Proud grandparents! 6 grand kids didn't make it, but here are the 10 that did.
 If nothing else, it was worth it to see these awesome people. My siblings are so amazing.
Speaking of amazing siblings, I came across this picture of my sister in her new shabby apple dress, and thought, "she looks better than the model on the website." Maybe when my blog goes viral someone will discover her.
Anyone want to know what it is like being on the road alone with 3 kids for WAY too long. This little video is exhibit A for the next time I think I can do something this crazy. (PS Ali had been crying too, but as soon as she saw I was filming, she immediately stopped) (Post-PS Sorry for the horrible filming, but I was driving at the same time)

1 comment:

Misa said...

Thanks. That dress did look good huh? And Chris looks like he's in the secret service. But it was so much fun seeing you and your kids.