Jul 28, 2008

Baby Info


It seems I have had a horrible oversight in my blogging entries. With all the decisions about which picture, with all of the thousands we have taken, to post I have failed at the most basic information. So here goes. On Saturday night I went to bed having a lot of contractions that were irregular and non-painful. I thought nothing of it, since that had happened before, plus our plan of being induced could not possibly change. Well by 6am the contraction not only became regular, but painful. At 8am, after 2 hours of pure denial that I was going into labor I called the hospital. By then my contractions were 5 minutes apart. After dropping Alicia off at Ali Harkness' house, I was admitted, and they immediately gave me the epidural...which by the way worked absolutely perfect. (Kudos to that anesthesiologist). The epidural, however, slowed my labor, so at 10am they gave me pitocin, and at 12:12 I gave birth to Katherine. She was 7lbs, 7oz and 21 inches long. She lost about a pound in the hospital, but has since gained that plus more. She is a great baby, waking up only once at night (I hope this post does not jinx me). Since the last post I think Ali is starting to realize that Kathrine is staying. This morning she asked to "hold our baby" maybe that is acceptance, but I am waiting for the day when she asks to send the baby back. I am sure that will come, but hopefully not too soon.

6 comments:

greta said...

I can not believe i missed this!! congrats to you and your family. can't wait to meet the little one.

Brynn said...

Well, at least she came earlier and not later! I don't know about you, but I might try to avoid being pregnant in the summer in the future. Wow - only waking up once at night - what a rock star baby. And Ali seems to be accepting her. Congrats!

Jen said...

you make labor sound so easy, I'm jealous! I am so happy for you that your mother-in-law is there to help you. I can't wait to see that new baby!

Cathie said...

I'm glad to hear the details (I think they forgot to announce it this Sunday--Sandra gave you a little shout out in RS but no details), I will be in touch soon!

Kara said...

Hi Steph,

She is so cute! Did Ali have dark hair like that when she was born?

Stephanie Pulham said...

Ali had dark hair that was slightly lighter than Katherine's. It was quite dark compared to what it is now.