Mar 15, 2012

Birthday party and more

My little girl (who now isn't so little) Just turned 6! I can hardly believe it. On her actual birthday we made and decorated cupcakes.

I didn't have any birthday candles, because I failed to plan properly, so a tea light worked.

After Nick got home she opened some presents from us and from her good friend Jim. She was very pleased with everything.

The next day we had a party at Chuck-E-Cheese's.

She had a blast being the center of attention, and the big inflatable crown was a plus. For some reason I got very few pictures of the actual party, and no pictures of her doing any games, but I think everyone had lots of fun.

In other news...

Jack turned 4 months old! (Rachael, that is your blanket he is laying on. He is obviously a fan)

I just love this picture because the bottom lip is so cute. Is there a place in heaven before babies are born where they are taught, "Okay, just push out your bottom lip and your parents will be willing to give you anything."

Jack is a great sleeper. Sometimes I think he might sleep too much. I put him down on his mat for some quality tummy time to strengthen his muscles (he cannot roll over yet) and when I came to check on him a few minutes later this is how I found him. To be fair to him, he has a binky in his mouth which is very soothing. To be fair to me, Kat gave it to him while I was not looking with the excuse, "but he wanted it!" Maybe he will never roll over. :)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy birthday Ali! What a fun party.

Unknown said...

He is so cute. I love that he likes my blanket. It is good to see when they are put to good use. Ali looks all grown up

Unknown said...

Rolling over is overrated. And that lip is SO cute. I'd give him his binky too if he gave me that lip!