Jul 20, 2011

Birthday!

Three year ago today, a sweet little girl was born into our lives. She has brought us joy and lots of love. Happy Birthday Kat!

2 days old and already she was a great sleeper.
While Ali may not have been initially happy to welcome the newcomer, she eventually came around, and now they really are the best of friends. Whenever you ask Kat who her best friend is, she will always respond, "Ali!"

Enough sappy stuff, here is her birthday party, along with the newest member of our family, Charlie.

Kat has been to enough parties by now to be a pro at pinata-whacking. Look at that focus!

I just liked this picture because I told them to look at me, and they all looked, but I guess I didn't specify that their eyes needed to be open.

mmm, pizza! Do mermaids eat pizza?

For sure they eat cake!

Don't worry mom, I know how to do this.

.... And this is Charlie!

He is a marbled dwarf hamster, and so far the girls have been super gentle with him, but it has only been a day. We bought a fun tunnel filled cage, and a ball to roam the house.

Now to find out how long it takes before one of the girls lets him out and we have to search our house for a missing rodent! Any bets?

1 comment:

kate said...

Sorry I missed the party...heard it was great! The goodie bags were certainly awesome...thanks for the bribery tool. :)

Thanks also for a new blog post, so I could avoid housework for a few more minutes. Argh...I hate myself sometimes.

Ok...back to you..Happy Birthday Kat, one of the cutest girls I know!