Oct 4, 2010

Scholastic achiever!

When I was younger I loved school. I loved that there were loads of new boys to kiss each year, and I loved recess, and I loved to do math and English. I loved to have TV time once a week where we watched "Reading Rainbow." But one of the things that I loved more than most people would think is reasonable is the scholastic book catalog. My sister, Adele, and I would pore over each catalog once it came out, and then we would beg (thinking back my mom was probably really annoyed by the begging) to be able to get the book that we wanted. She would usually only order about one for each of us, but I LOVED it. For some reason it was an even better place to get books than a book store, perhaps because of all the pictures.
When Ali started school, I knew that she would like it. She had a bit of a shaky start because most kids in her class were together last year. But of course, she made a few friends and now she loves school. One thing I hadn't counted on was the Scholastic catalog. When we got it, I didn't even let my girls read over it before I had. I love that thing. Even now that I am way too old I still love that catalog, and it brings back such good memories of all the wonderful books I got to read as a child. I am such a nerd...

Here is our first order.

PS I dyed my hair black, what do you think?

4 comments:

Adele said...

I haven't thought about that catalog in years. I remember how much we loved it and how we were able to beg Mom enough for her to get us a book or two. That is so much fun that Ali is now going through the same thing.
I love your hair. I can't wait to see you next week. Ready for beach hand stands?

Melissa said...

I am so with you. I loved it also when I was young. I also loved the book sales at school. I also love that they even do dollar books. Just wait a few years, it is hard to find room for all these books!!!! Do you still love reading books?

Jen said...

nice hair

audrey said...

love it!!