Mar 24, 2009

Brazil Part 2

Once we picked up my sister, we went to an island and enjoyed one more day of the beach. It was a large island that we drove to, and it was pretty beautiful.

We went out to the water and found that the water was PACKED with jellyfish. Luckily they didn't sting us, and it was fun to be able to hold one. Not sure if you can see it too well, but it is the clear blob in my hand.

One great part of Brazil was the food. There were lots of things that I had never tried or even heard of, but the beans were particularly amazing. My sister took us to some member's houses and it was hard to not stuff my face. Luckily they encouraged us to eat about 4 helpings.


My sister took us to the interior of Brazil where we saw some waterfalls. We actually convinced my mom to go into one, which is a pretty big deal.


This is all 5 of us at the bottom of one of the waterfalls.


In Recife the crossing guards dress up like clowns. I am not sure exactly why they do it, but we had to take a picture with them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am confused. Why do you have long hair in some pics and short hair in others?
The trip looks like so much fun. The beach is just beautiful. How fun.