Mar 24, 2009

Brazil Part 1

For those who don't know, I had the opportunity to go to Brazil to pick up my sister who is serving a mission in Recife. Since Nick's mom was so wonderful to stay with the girls so Nick wouldn't have to take off, I went for 10 days! My sister, Lynette, was going to be sent home on the 18th, so two of my sisters and I decided to spend a couple of days at the beach before going to pick her up. We stayed in a small beach town called Porto de Galinhas. We just had lots of fun and got some much needed sun.

This is a picture of my two sisters and me on our way out one morning.


We rented a surf board and this is me showing off my skills. Just for Caleb's sake, I won't show the picture of Jen surfing, (she is 3 months pregnant).

Galinhas means chicken, and there were these wooden sculptures of chickens everywhere.

We went on a banana boat, which was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. We got thrown every couple of minutes, and I think I drank more salt water than is healthy for any human.


The beaches there in Brazil are just so beautiful. People there would ask me if I missed my girls, and while I admit that by the end I did, places like this just make me forget that I have any other responsibilities but to get tan and warm.

1 comment:

Jen said...

awesome, surfing, you must of had a great teacher!!