Jun 12, 2008

Ruined Blanket


On Tuesday Ali went down for her nap around 11 am. When she woke up she sat quietly in her bed. She usually needs about 15 minutes of alone time to "wake up." About 5 minutes into her "alone time," I heard a buzz followed by a small crash. A couple of seconds later I heard her scream. I ran in to her room where I encountered the fresh scent of burning flesh. As I freaked out, I tried to put together what had happened. The electric socket next to her bed was the obvious culprit, so I called 911. After an ambulance ride and a day and a half in the hospital, she is in perfect health, exceptions include the 4 small burn marks where the electricity exited her body. The blanket on her bed was not so lucky. It will forever have a hair-clip melted onto it. Moral of the story...well I don't know if there is one, but I am looking.
The Culprit!

This is the entrance wound.

4 comments:

tia gaby said...

poor baby ali!!!! at least her hair didn't turn gray- i was half expecting to see a streak of gray or maybe even curly hair after the electrifying experience! so she is smart enough to pull out the electrical socket plug! that's our girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathie said...

Were you at Children's? If you were shame on you for not calling me! I could've at least come by & visited you, even if it was only briefly. Enough harassment, I'm glad to hear that she was okay.

Adele said...

That is scary. It probably makes you want to be more careful with your child. Try not to shock her anymore, she is just a little kid.

Just kidding. I am glad to hear she is alright.

greta said...

we love our little electric girl! glad it wasn't more serious.