Dec 7, 2009

Surgery and a Sister

A few weeks ago I had a minor surgery to repair a umbilical hernia (picture at bottom of this post) I got during my pregnancies. I was lucky to have my sister Adele visit, and I was even more lucky was that she loves to bake.

She was surprised by our lack of cooking equipment. Most notably, she was upset that we don't own a rolling pin. We have always used this glass cup that is flat and straight. I think there is not much difference, as I have never owned a rolling pin, but she thinks that we ought to invest in one.

She took Ali out for a ride on her horse. Ali was in heaven. I am scared because I know one day she will ask me to get her a horse... thanks Adele!

She was loved the entire time on the horse, and when I told her it was time to get off she said that she never ever wants to get down.


It is very small for the amount of pain it caused. I never realized how often I get hit/kicked/pushed/punched in the stomach until now.

6 comments:

Adele said...

Thanks for the post. I had a great time at your place and was not ready to leave after just a few days.

Kellie said...

Ouch! But I'm super impressed with your lack of stretch marks! :) Hope you're healing up.

Adele's cookies were AMAZING!!

Jen said...

forget the stretch marks, i was hoping to see a six-pack.

Cathie said...

Looks like it happened laprascopically? Yes? Let me know, I'm curious.

Merkleys said...

Nice try Steph. That's a gunshot wound you got from living in LA! I told you guys it's dangerous out there ;)

Stephanie Pulham said...

@jen
I would have flexed and shown my six-pack, but then my strong muscles would have ripped out my stitches!